Saturday, October 2, 2010

My new Blog...

Here we go! I'm starting a new Blog specific to Geocaching. My goal for this Blog is to support my desire to Educate the Geocaching community. Geocaching is such a diverse game that it can be overwhelming to new folks. Some stick with Traditional caching just because they don't understand all the spin-offs. Puzzle caches are one of my favorites, yet the vast majority don't even want to look at them. So, I'm going to put a series of articles on here specific to dealing with Puzzle caches.

I recently gave a long distance educational presentation on puzzle solving for the Geocache Alaska! organization. During an hour-long presentation that was broadcast over the web via WebEx, I was only able to touch on a few brief topics related to puzzle solving. This medium will give me the ability to expand that presentation indefinitely, plus I'll link this blog back into the handout material for my next puzzle solving presentation.

Another area that I enjoy is cache placement and building the cache containers. I've been asked numerous times how I get my camo paint finishes to look so good. Well, I'll cover many of the tips and tricks I use for that as we go along. Hopefully this Blog will become a valuable resource over time as I add more articles.

No comments:

Post a Comment